3.5.11

Mum's the Word


Ahh, Mom. She gives you cookies, love, care and advice. Yes, advice. Mom is always full of advice! "Look both ways before you cross the street!" "Never swim on a full stomach!" "Don't hit your brother on the head with a toy computer"... Maybe that was just my Mom. And if you lived with out a Mom, then I'm sure there was or is someone in your life that loves to give you great advice.

My question is, will you take advice from your Mom or 'advice giver' when it comes to your wedding? Especially when her "advice" translates more to her opinion on how your wedding should happen. Some of us have a Mom or Dad or Aunt or even friend who can't help but blurt their opinions about everything! When it comes to your wedding are you going to bend or are you going to be firm in your own ideas?

I will probably listen to what my Mom has to say, and take her advice or opinions in stride. I love my Mom and I think she is a smart, and creative women (can you hear the 'but'?) but I have a feeling I am going to be 'one of those' brides who will keep wedding planning to myself and my fiancee. If Mom wants me to carry daffodils and spend a small fortune on decorative tree centre pieces... then that's her advice. But it's exactly it, just advice. Advice doesn't always have to be followed!

...Except for that crossing the street thing. Mom kind of hit the nail on the head with that.

How do you tell your Mom to, well, 'butt' out? It's hard! It's hard for me to get my Mom to leave me alone about anything! I can't even begin to imagine what it's going to be life when I get married-- oh god.

I value my Mother's opinion, (as I think almost anyone does) but when it comes to the union of me and my fiancee... I think her advice may just have to take a seat on the sidelines.

What do you think?

<3 Miss Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment