3.4.11

Sunday Sunlight - A Few of My Favourite TOASTS

It's the send off from friends, family, and even random guests that always get me. Although, I mean, I've been to my fair share of weddings where the toasts have been . . . shall we say, less than planned, but they come from the heart and that's all that matters. And some, like the favourites I'm about to list, are epic quotes from literature or prominent figures that illustrate the aspects of love being celebrated at any wedding.

SO, here are a few of my favourite toasts/quotes that I've collected here and there! Hopefully they inspire you prairie brides (and grooms, and attendants) for when your time comes to raise the glass!

Sliocht sleachta ar shliocht bhur sleachta. (English translation: May your children's children have children)
Irish toast

The majority of husbands remind me of an orangutan trying to play the violin.
Honore de Balzac
Keep your eyes wide open before the wedding, half shut afterwards.
Benjamin Franklin

A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong.
Berle Milton

One should never take the easy road, but rather the right road, no matter how long the travel.
Scott Cerreta

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
Dr. Seuss 

You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein

I hold it true, whatever befall; I feel it, when I sorrow most; 'Tis better to have loved and lost Than never to have loved at all.
Lord Alfred Tennyson 

Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and blows up the bonfire.
Francois de La Rouchefoucauld 

Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illumines it.
Martin Luther King 

What are your fave wedding toasts/quotes? Tell us in the comments!

♥Miss Bee 

No comments:

Post a Comment